Why Consider Travelling To Tanzania.
Tanzania, like Kenya, is Africa’s visual jewel. It is a country of natural brilliance, spectacular wildlife, and seductive white sandy beaches.
Apart from being the ideal bush and beach destination, visitors can witness the mighty herds of the Great Migration in the Serengeti. Tanzania and Zanzibar together offer a magnificent chance to visit the ancient towns, archaeological sites, and geological wonders.
We highly recommend including Zanzibar into your itinerary with a chance to experience the UNESCO Heritage Stone Town and the beautiful Swahili culture.
Tanzania is bordered by Kenya and Uganda on the north, Rwanda, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo on the west, and Malawi, Zambia, and Mozambique on the south. On the east, it borders the Indian Ocean.
Arusha is the Tanzanian hub of ‘safari activity’, covering the Northern Parks.
- Capital City: Dodoma, Commercial Capital Dar-es-Salaam
- Language Spoken: Swahili and English
- There are over 10 mountains and hills in Tanzania. Most common include; the highest mountain in Africa; Mount Kilimanjaro( highest 5895 meters), Meru(4565 meters), Hanang(3417 meters) and Ol Donyo Lengai(2962 meters)
- The most common savannah regions include the Serengeti, Tarangire National Park, and The Ngorongoro Crater
- The Great Rift valley offers continues to offer an abundance of water and birdlife just like in Kenya. Common lake regions include Lake Tanganyika, Lake Natron, Lake Manyara, Lake Tarangire, and Lake Victoria.
- The East African Coast touches the Indian Ocean, thus ensuring year round warm waters and pristine beaches. Famous beach destinations in Tanzania include; Dar es Salaam, Zanzibar Archipelago, Mafia Island, Bagamoyo and Pangani
Things you can do
- Customized Safaris for INDIVIDUALS, FAMILIES, and GROUPS
- Honeymoon, Baby-moon & Anniversaries
- Educational Group Safaris
- Agro Tours
- Tanzania/Zanzibar Golf Specials
- Cultural Safaris
- Business Travel
- Incentive Travel
- Adventure Tours : Mountain Climbs – Deep Sea Diving – Dhow Live Aboards
- Hot Air Balloon Safaris
- Anything else that you can imagine…
Memberships & Associations
Awards & Accolades
African Quest Safaris
African Quest Safaris is a professionally run organisation with the infrastructure, experience and network to be your choice travel partner. See Africa through the eyes of people who love the land, its culture and its environment. Hear of its legends, its history and its ambitions from people who have made Africa their life’s mission.
Experience the comfort that can only arise from knowing that you are in good hands.
Sister and brother, Tasneem and Taher, are fifth generation Kenyans who have spent our entire careers in African Tourism. Highly educated, we have built one of Kenya’s top ground tour companies.
Backed by a team of 54 well trained professionals, the strength of AQS is our deep belief in Handcrafted experiences that require incredible attention to detail resulting in maximum satisfaction.
Tasneem is the founding partner and CEO, has a reputation for being one of the most knowledgeable Kenyans regarding tourism, Kenyan culture and social needs. She has dedicated over three decades to developing and popularizing in-bound tourism to East Africa.
An experienced, renowned and respected member of the industry fraternity, she is today a “go-to” person for governmental efforts to develop in-bound tourism.
Taher brings to the business his immense expertise in logistics and operations and oversees the everyday affairs of the firm.
MODERN SAFARI FLEET
Our fleet comprises of modern Toyota 4×4 Land Cruisers custom built to suit operational needs and offering optimum comfort for our guests. These vehicles are equipped with cool boxes, first aid equipment, a pair of binoculars and a set of wildlife reference books and mineral water refills.
TRANSFER AND EXCURSION TRANSPORT
We offer comfortable 5-seater sedan vehicles for individuals and 20-seater coaches for groups with personalized meet and greet assistance.
Emergency personnel are accessible 24 hours a day
Our Safari, excursion and transfer vehicles are also equipped with VHF radios. Additionally, all personnel carry mobile phones with wide network coverage.
We have a customized computer software package, that networks our Mombasa, Nairobi and Arusha offices, thus enhancing our connectivity and communication capabilities.
Besides English and Kiswahili, each AQS operative can speak at least one foreign language.
AQS has its finger on the pulse, involving itself in the daily supervision of operations, to retain the personal touch and ensure smooth and efficient service.
The AQS crew prides itself on its team spirit which is instrumental in ensuring harmonious and efficient service to our customers.
Our Service Guarantee
African Quest Safaris gives its guests a personalized and reliable service guarantee, so that they have a hassle-free and enjoyable vacation, without any worries about things going wrong!